Tuesday, November 15, 2011

This is how we do it: frosting

It's so hard to imagine a cupcake without frosting. But I can't stomach the thought of a $6 can of dairy free frosting for one gluten free cupcake. I know, my cheapness sometimes shows. :) And I've never tried the powder mixes and I just dont have a good frosting recipe. So, I had a different idea, and it works beautifully. Most importantly, Rylan loves it. Jelly. I put jelly/jam on top of cupcakes instead of frosting. Thanks to our PBJ addiction I have eleventy billion jars of freezer jam ready to go so I just plop a few spoonfulls of whatever is open on top of a chocolate GF cupcake. It's a thing of beauty, really. :) A week or so ago I bought a GF cupcake mix (for $5, ahem) and make 12 beautiful cupcakes out of it. I cooled them and froze them in separate sandwich bags so I just grab one, let it thaw and add jelly when we are ready to eat. And that is how we do it!


*I've realized I need to add pictures. Which means blogging from the computer and not my phone. And actually taking pictures. I'll get there. Someday.

1 comment:

  1. We need pics of those awesome GF cupcakes (and cheaper recipe than $5 cupcakes!)

    ReplyDelete